Definition: Ayurvedic CookingAyurvedic Cooking
Ayurveda can be a sort of classic medication in use mainly in India. Ayurveda thinks that several resources of vegetable, animal, and mineral origin have some medicinal worth. The medicinal properties of such components are time tested and are actually applied for centuries in ayurvedic medicines to remedy health issues and/or enable sustain well being.
Ayurvedic medicaments are made from herbs or mixtures of herbs, possibly on your own or in combination with minerals, metals together with other components of animal origin. The metals, animals and minerals are purified by person procedures ahead of being used for medicinal applications. Impurified resources aren't authorized for use as medicine.
The varieties of Ayurvedic medicaments are:
* Clean juice of herbs
* Quath : Crushed herbs, utilized as decoction or tea for interior and external uses
* Churna : High-quality powdered herbs, employed as medicine with drinking water or in meals for interior and external uses
* Taila : Herbs cooked in edible oil As outlined by principles laid down for internal and exterior utilizes
* Ghrat/Ghrit : Herbs cooked in clarified butter
* Asav/Arista/Sura : A form of light wine attained from fermentation of herbs
* Arka : A distillation of herbs
* Rasausadhi/Kharliya Rasayan : Herbs combined with metals, minerals and animal ingredients
* Bhasma : Ashes
* Parpaty : mixtures of Metals, Minerals, Animal ingredients and Herbs
prevoz pacijenata * Kshar/Lavan/Salt/Drava : these are typically specially organized medicaments
* Guggula based mostly medicaments
* Lauha Bhasam : Mandoor Bhasam based medicaments
* Avaleha/Modak/Paak/Prash : Herbs cooked in Jaggery or sugar
* Bati/Gutika/Goli : Mixtures of medicines formed in pills, pillules or tablets for relieve of administration
* Pralep/Anjan/Varti/Dhoop : Liniments, drops, paint, paste and so on. for exterior utilizes
Ayurveda holds which the tastes of foods or herbs have precise physiological results. Those people tastes that renovate right after digestion (Vipaka) tend to be more effective.
* Sweet (Madhura) - Sweet foods nourish, neat, moisten, oil, and enhance weight
* Sour (Amla) - Bitter foods warm, oil, and maximize bodyweight
* Salty (Lavan) - Salty foods heat, dissolve, stimulate, soften, oil, and raise excess weight
* Bitter (Katu) - Bitter foods interesting, dry, purify and decrease body weight
* Pungent (Tikta) - Pungent foods warm, dry, promote, and reduce bodyweight
* Astringent (Kasaya) - Astringent foods neat, dry, minimize stickiness.
Wikipedia, the no cost enclyclopedia © 2001-2008 Wikipedia Contributors
This information is licensed underneath the GNU Free Documentation License